Saturday, July 2, 2011

Drink This Riesling

So, I'm going to Germany's Mosel Valley in October with my girl. I can't wait. I've always loved Mosel riesling, and I've been drinking more lately than ever before. I came across this great kabinett riesling from a reliable producer, and this bottle really wowed me. For $25, seriously, buy this wine by the case.

2007 Von Schubert Maximin Grünhauser Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett (Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer)
i drank this with my friend kevin on my washington, dc, rooftop on a summer evening. what a treat. the nose is exquisite. the palate has superb balance, wonderful yellow and green apple, lime, tons of slate. acid and minerals sing harmonies together. delicious finish. spectacular riesling for $25, and this one will age well for years.
90 points - IJB

No comments:

Post a Comment