Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Delaware Serves Up Some Summertime Waves

A nugget of paradise, courtesy of the Delaware shore.
Riding waves is my deepest passion. I'm not a religious person, but communing with the ocean is something akin to a spiritual experience for me. When too much time passes without waves, I get seriously depressed, like my soul is tired. But then a swell pops up and dishes out waves, and all is well again.

Summertime on the East Coast is notorious for its lack of waves. Except for tropical storms, waves are hard to come by. So I was beyond stoked when a solid swell popped up earlier this week, peaking on a Sunday morning no less. I arrived at one of my favorite East Coast spots at dawn on Sunday and was greeted by grinding, barreling waves. I surfed for six hours and took a few awesome beat-downs, but left feeling content and renewed.

I threw together a brief edit of some GoPro footage from this recent swell, posted below. If you're interested, check it out! Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment